Tae Kwon Do 태권도
For Ages 6 & up
All Black Belts are certified under the-
- Tae Kwon Do is the ancient martial art of Korea, developed over thousands of years, and is the most practiced martial art in the world.
- It improves self-esteem, self confidence, better concentration, respect, discipline, composure and self defense.
- Our training is traditional military style and non-sport, focusing on self-defense for real life protection. We teach control with every kick and punch. The training is in a family environment, with everyone encouraged to reach their own potential.
2 or more days a week
- $100 per person.
- $150 for a family.
1 day a week
- $80 per person.
- $120 for a family.
NO CONTRACTS. Your First Class is Free.
- Monday7:30 pm to 8:30 pmAll Belts
- Tuesday5:30 pm to 6:30 pmBeginners
- Tuesday6:30 pm to 7:30 pmOrange Belts & up
- Wednesday6:30 pm to 7:30 pmAll Belts
- Thursday5:30 pm to 6:30 pmBeginners
- Thursday6:30 pm to 7:30 pmOrange Belts & up
- Sunday2:00 pm to 3:00 pmAll Belts
- Sunday2:00 pm to 3:30 pmBlack Belts
Class times may change, call for the most accurate information.
Things you will learn in Tae Kwon Do
기본동작 Key Bon Dong ChaBasic Movements
격파 Kyok PaBreaking
호신술 Ho Shin SilSelf-Defense
- A Form (Poomsae) is a series of alternate offense and defense movements or techniques which can be practiced and trained, even without a partner.
- A form must be mastered for each color belt requirement (8 forms in total) to achieve black belt and there are more numerous forms to learn during black belt advancement.
Other Tae Kwon Do Items
도복 Do BakUniform
What you will need and when, in your training:
- Before your first test, you will need a White Uniform (v-neck or traditional lap over).
- For sparring you will need cloth shin and instep protection (you may choose from colors white, black, red or blue).
- You may purchase the 4 patches our school uses at any time, but you must have them to test for your Blue Belt.
Tae Kwon Do Belt Order
Yellow Belt, 7th Gup
Orange Belt, 6th Gup
Green Belt, 5th Gup
Blue Belt, 4th Gup
Purple Belt, 3rd Gup
Brown Belt, 2nd Gup
Red Belt, 1st Gup
Deputy Black Belt
Black Belt, 1st Dan
Black Belt, 2nd Dan
Black Belt, 3rd Dan
Black Belt, 4th Dan
Black Belt, 5th Dan
- We, as members, train our spirits and bodies according to the strict code.
- We, as members, are united in mutual friendship.
- We, as members, will comply with regulations and obey instructors.
Official uniforms and bowing to the flag and instructors to show respect upon entering the practice floor are requirements of our martial arts system with no exceptions.
- Senior Instructor
Bernard (Berny) Rathmell
- Assistant Instructor
- Junior Instructor