Tai Chi Chuan
108 Movement Long Form 太極拳
- Tai Chi Chuan or Tai Chi is an ancient form of movement therapy which originated in China. It is considered a non-combative form of Martial Arts. Tau Chi consists of a series of slow flowing postures and is used for physical as well as mental health.
- Banned in China during the "cultural revolution", Tai Chi has now regained approval and even support from the Chinese Government as a form of preventive health care. In America, Tai Chi is endorsed by the America Arthritis Foundation.
- The theory of why Tai Chi is so good for us lies in the very core beliefs of traditional Chinese Medicine. Practitioners Believe that Illness is caused by an imbalance of energy flowing evenly in a balanced manner, as well as providing the following physical benefits:
- Increased muscle strength
- Increased cardiovascular strength
- Improved balance
- Improved joint flexibility
- Improved posture
- $75 for an 8-week session.
- Classes are ongoing, but scheduled in 8-week sessions
NO CONTRACTS. Your First Class is Free.
Class times may change, call for the most accurate information.
Things you will learn in Tai Chi
Tai Chi Sash Order
Brown Sash, 1 Line
Brown Sash, 2 Lines